Here’s another twist on a great original: The Chickpea Omelet.
Scrumptious, packed with proteins and good minerals, this is sure to satisfy the hunger while energizing the body! Dig in and let us know what you think!
Vegan Chickpea Omelet
Ingredients Chickpea Batter
- 3/4 cup fresh chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup non-sweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Two teaspoon apple cider vinegarTwo teaspoons nutritional yeast (this is optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 of one red onion
- Two minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- In a medium-sized measuring cup (you can use Pyrex cup as well), whisk together your chickpea batter.
- The batter should not be too thick to stir. So, it should be just like pancake batter, which means it should be easy to pour. Allow it to sit for a while.
- In a heated skillet (preferably nonstick), saute the garlic and red onion until slightly browned.
- Add some broccoli to soften it. Then remove it and place it on a plate.
- Now get back to your heated skillet, and add some olive oil and pour about half the batter into your pan.
- Add the onions, garlic, broccoli, as well as tomatoes on top of just one half of your batter.
- Wait till the mixture bubbles and gradually firms up along its edges (approx. two minutes to cook).
- When you can, carefully flip over one side to cook another minute.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and then turn off your stove and allow it to steam for about five minutes.
- You can garnish with minced red onion, more tomatoes, sliced avocado or lime wedges.
- Then add pepper and sea salt to taste.
Serve it Up, And Enjoy!